Our core values: initiative, innovation, quality and effectiveness Our common vision: a knowledgeable organization, high-performance team, quality exhibitions and performances, outstanding research ability and refreshing tourist spots.
Built to commemorate Dr. Sun Yat-sen, the National Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall has become one of the important landmarks in Taipei. It was constructed to fulfill a variety of needs for all ages, especially families and is conveniently located in prosperous Eastern Taipei. This hall has accommodated many residents during these years.
Since ideas lead the way, employees also have begun to follow the new spirit of the National Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall, which was reorganized on May 20th, 2012; once an administrative unit under the Ministry of Education, it has now come under the Ministry of Culture as a cultural and artistic organization, with refreshed services for new situations:
- Create higher effectiveness by combining administrative and academic resources: to reach the best service and cost-effectiveness through various resources, marketing management and operation concepts.
- Develop different functions by gathering social resources: as a large multi-function cultural center with social resources, the National Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall will be even more capable of holding a variety of events and of cooperating with more different organizations than before.
- Improve administrative efficiency and service quality: our recognized service under the endeavors of each Director-general is still improvable, especially in areas such as details management, administrative efficiency and software/hardware. Based on our efforts, all employees shall improve the service to meet public requirements and expectations.
For future missions, employees shall actively unite and abide by the following principles:
- Fulfill the core function: to complete the collection, reservation and exhibition of Dr. Sun Yat-sen’s historical relics and records.
- Strengthen studies: for relics and popularization of Sun Wen theory (Sunology), cultural research and cooperation, artistic exhibitions, reservation and management. 3.Develop cultural and artistic specialty: to popularize and perform theatre programs and cultural education.
In addition to expanding the above core business step by step, the National Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall will set up professional knowledge organizations and high-performance teams to be more cosmopolitan, diverse, scientific, enterprising, elaborate and localized, in order to improve our environment, provide attentive services, and reach the balance between academic research and cultural, artistic, educational and recreational functions under the new museum management concept.