Dr. Sun Yat-sen Library Reading Room Policies
101.12.26 Regulations Passed by Conference of Memorial Hall Affairs1.To promote the research of Dr. Sun Yat-sen’s thoughts, Dr. Sun Yat-sen Library has specifically set up the policies in order to help readers use the museum library materials.
2.Opening Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM. (The Library will be closed on National holidays and for electrical/mechanical maintenance days; other closing hours will be announced by the memorial hall).
3. The library is open to:
(1) Citizens aged 16 or over who will need their identity cards, driving licenses, student cards or working service certificates (any of them) to exchange for a library card at the counter in order to enter.
When leaving the library, please return all library cards and take back the identification documents.
(2) Citizens under 16 should be lead by schools or cultural-and-educational establishments. Those who should enter the library alone under special circumstances must be lead by the memorial hall personnel on duty, as the situation does not affect the environmental orders as a precondition.
4. Our books and reference materials are limited to indoor reading and copying and may not be borrowed for home use.
(1)The library only makes provision for readers to refer to collections of books and information; please do not carry private books or notes.
(2) Our books and reference materials are limited to indoor use and may not be borrowed for home use. If books are found to have been removed from the library, the library will permanently cancel admission viewing rights and contact the authorities in accordance with the law.
(3) Library computer equipment should be used only for querying collections, catalogs and databases and should not be used for electronic bulletin boards, personal e-mail, Facebook, computer games and other non-related sites. Each use is limited to one hour. Those who do not adhere to library rules and regulations will have their viewing rights suspended for one year.
(4) No pets or dangerous goods are allowed to be brought into the library; indoor smoking, eating, sleeping, talking loudly or using mobile phones are all prohibited. Those who do not adhere to library rules and regulations will have their viewing rights suspended for one year.
(5) When leaving the library, please remember to take back identification documents; the documents are not in the custody of the library.
(6) To use the above mentioned library references, please comply with the relevant provisions regarding copyright laws.
6. If any damage to hardwarefacilities,books andinformation of the library are found, such as graffiti ordefacing, readers will be required to purchasethe original copies within three months after having informed the library or, twice theoriginal price should be paid ascompensation. If the priceof thebookis not marked, for Chinesebooks, thecompensation priceis in accordance with thetotalnumber of pages;for books in other languages, thecompensation priceis twice that of thetotalnumber of pages. Those who do not follow regulations will have their viewingrights suspendedfor three years.