Our core values: creativity, innovation, quality, and effectiveness: Our common vision: a knowledgeable organization, high-performance team, quality exhibitions and performances, outstanding research ability, and refreshing tourist spots.
Built to commemorate Dr. Sun Yat-sen, the National Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall has become one of Taiper's most important landmarks. It was constructed to fulfill a variety of needs for all ages, especially families and is conveniently located in prosperous Eastern Taipei. This hall has accommodated many residents over the years.
Since ideas lead the way, employees have also begun to follow the new spirit of the National Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall, which was reorganized on May 20th, 2012; once an administrative unit under the Ministry of Education, it now is a part of the Ministry of Culture as a cultural and artistic organization, with refreshed services for new situations:
- Ensure higher effectiveness by combining administrative and academic resources: Provide the best service and ensure cost-effectiveness through various resources, marketing management, and operation concepts.
- Develop different functions by gathering social resources: As a large multi-function cultural center with social resources, the National Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall will be come even more capable of holding a number of events and of cooperating with a greater variety of organizations than even before.
- Improve administrative efficiency and service quality: Our recognized services under the endeavors of each Director-general can still be improved, especially in such areas such as details management, administrative efficiency and software/hardware. Based on our efforts, all employees will strive to improve services to meet public requirements and expectations.
For future missions, employees shall actively unite and abide by the following principles:
- Fulfill the core function: to complete the collection, preservation, and exhibition of Dr. Sun Yat-sen’s historical relics and records.
- Strengthen studies: to encourage the study of relics and the popularization of Sun Wen theory (Sunology), cultural research and cooperation, artistic exhibitions, preservation, and management.
- Develop cultural and artistic specialties: to popularize and perform theatre programs and cultural education.
In addition to gradually expanding the aforementioned core business matters, the National Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall will set up professional knowledge organizations and high-performance teams to be more cosmopolitan, diverse, scientific, enterprising, elaborate and localized, in order to improve our environment, provide attentive services, and reach a balance between academic research and cultural, artistic, educational and recreational, functions under the new museum management concept.